Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Tradition In My Family!

Hello there, followers! In this blog post, I’d like to tell you about a tradition we do in my family. Every year we celebrate Thanksgiving. If you don’t know what Thanksgiving is, it is a day we give or say thanks to friends, family, anything! We remember the Pilgrims on this day too. In the US, you usually have a feast that usually includes mashed potatoes, vegetables, casseroles and puddings, and of course…. TURKEY!!!! This holiday is primarily celebrated in the US and you have a couple days off from school.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          In my family, this is an annual tradition. Thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of every November. It is special because it’s good to have a nice family get together, eat yummy food, and we don’t realize that we should say thanks more often. Every year, my mom cooks the turkey for 5-6 hours and the house smells amazing. Also she makes mashed potatoes, string beans, and my favorite corn pudding. It’s a delicacy to me! Also for dessert, its pumpkin pie in this house! My dad is the official carver in my family. We cook so much food we have leftovers for the rest of the week!                                                               

Thanksgiving has been celebrated in my family for as long as I can remember. I think whe my dad was young he celebrated Thanksgiving so that’s how it was passed down to our family. I pretty sure my mom didn’t have a Thanksgiving feast as a kid because she was raised in Peru.  When I’m older I am sure I am going to have this tradition in our family because its one of the holidays I really look forward to, along with some others. I can’t wait for this year’s Thanksgiving! Do you celebrate thanksgiving? Thanks for reading J



Whats better than turkey and Snoopy? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment